Recruiting BSW Graduates!
Clinical Social Workers
We are currently seeking Social Workers to join our Six Nations of the Grand / Brantford teams. Due to our steady and progressive growth, we have several opportunities available to work at our clinics, supporting children, adults, couples and families in our communities.
Qualia Counselling Services is a Cognitive Behaviour psychotherapy, coaching and training practice with six clinics in Kitchener, Waterloo, Cambridge, Six Nations & Brantford. We also have a rigorous teaching and training program that provides training online, in Kitchener and across Canada.
We are committed to providing premium mental health services, offering what we consider to be a gold standard of psychotherapeutic care. We staff approximately 80 individuals company wide. We operate from values of Professional Excellence, Authentic Community, Strength of Character, Alleviation of Suffering & Anti Oppressive Practice. We are committed to serving a variety of populations including priority populations like Children & Youth, Indigenous, Refugees and LGBTQ Populations.
Why join our team?
- Flexible employment arrangement
- 10-28 clinical hours per week, days and evenings
- Pay per direct client hour employment model – flexibility of hours, pay range of $50-$80 per direct client hour; paid supervision hours; Health Benefit Package or Private Health Services Package, pay in lieu of vacation
- You choose your own initial schedule based on office availability and business needs
- Rigorous individual, peer and group supervision is provided by highly qualified supervisors
- Rigorous training program specifically for the needs of BSW graduates
- Premium mental health treatment resources and clinical support to offer the most professionally excellent care to clients
- Great office facilities, full administrative support is provided
The responsibilities of the Clinical Social Worker pertain primarily to clinical work and tasks. These duties, include but are not limited to:
- Delivery of high-quality, clinical social work treatment grounded in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) to individuals, couples, families and groups (minimum of 10 hours, to a maximum of 28 clinical hours per week)
- Maintenance of required documentation and paperwork pertaining to clinical interactions
- Follow the code of ethics outlined by the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
- Dedicated to Truth & Reconciliation Calls to Action
- Maintain case notes that are a model of good record keeping and documenting
- Must commit to ongoing professional development within a BSW-CBT training internal training group
Job Site(s): Must be able to work in person our Six Nations of the Grand / Ohsweken and or Brantford locations. Must be able to offer video conferencing and telemental health sessions
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Social Work from an educational institution recognized by the Ontario
College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
- Has foundational Cognitive Behavioral Therapy training, or is willing to acquire this and be registered for a course by the time you begin. The expectation is you will acquire your certificate (levels 1 & 2) of CBT within 8 months of being hired.
- Registered in good standing with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers or College
- Experience in clinical social work /mental health counselling
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Advanced counselling skills demonstration for both clinical and sub-clinical issues across a wide variety of people groups
- Knowledge of CBT
- Preference for those with experience working with children or adolescents or willing to see this population
- Ability to use Word from Microsoft Office Suite, Jane Case Management system, webmail
- Preference for those able to work evenings (our clinics are open 9 am to 9 pm)
- Able to acquire your own professional liability insurance, police records check
Qualia is an equal opportunity employer. If you require assistance through any part of the recruitment process, please let us know and we will be pleased to facilitate that for you.
* Applicants from Six Nations and other First Nations will be given preference to deliver programs and services in a First Nations community.