Tips for Getting Outside During Self Isolation
How can getting outside during self isolation help your mental health? Let’s talk about it!
Today we continue with question #4: How Am I Getting Outside Today?
Tips for Getting Outside
Getting Outside is Simple!
• Go for a walk or a bike ride
• Sit out on your front step for your morning coffee
• Open the window to let in fresh air and the sound of the birds
• Blow bubbles with the kids
• Start some yard work if that’s something you like
1. When you’re outside intentionally look and listen for sounds of spring.
2. Take a picture of the same tree or patch of garden every other day to see how it changes as spring continues to develop.
3. Take a moment to be completely quiet and still and note what your 5 senses pick up.
4. You may also want to invite the outside in by bringing in a potted plant or purchasing a bouquet of flowers.
Even on colder days remember to open the curtains and be sure to look outside to enjoy the view.
Your Free “Getting Outside” Handout
Click this link to view in a new window & download: Tips for Getting Outside while Isolating
[You can find more free handouts on our Free CBT Resources page!]Getting Outside during Social Isolation
Did you know you can now get discounted mental health services and that we’re offering them virtually?
(through phone or video conference)? Contact us for more details!
Toll Free Call: 1-844-380-3CBT (228)